quinta-feira, 31 de maio de 2012

Like Orpheus entering Hades


For how long am I lying on this vessel adrift?
Crossing Acheron alive, what am I trying to reach?
Go with ease, soul of mine. Destiny has made a shift
Behold the underworld sky, and beware the ones who leech

Couldn’t make another wish when I gazed a falling star
It lit the clouds within my eyes, as it did last time
And again I asked the same: “An Aeon of a love that goes far”
The echo of my voice alone still spin without a rhyme

Inside this maelstrom, my vessel goes. Is it the river?
Is it Hades, trying to chasten who, with life, enters his domains?
Oh Athena! Relieve my pain. Cool down this burning fever!
Let me seek in this dead world for a love that still remains.

And with my words and notes without any plead,
In forbidden places, like your heart, my lyre shall succeed.

2 comentários: